Here's the tub before the project. Needs to be cleaned and caulked should be removed. Took some of the parts off for easier painting access aswell.
Another shot of the tub, notice the chip on the edge.
Started by taking out the caulking with a utility knife and flat nose screw driver. Get as much of it out as possible to assure the new caulking will stick properly.
Cutting at an angle works well, just be carful not to further chip the tub, or cut your fingers. I should have worn gloves, but I found I had more control with bare hands.
After along the tile and tub, you can get a lot of it out with the screw driver.
Chipping on the tub may occur, so be careful. It's not so bad since the new kit should cover these up nicely.
De-caulking is done, now on to cleaning and sanding.
Once you clean the tub thoroughly (... I mean clean enough off of which you could eat), sand the chips and patches. I know there are kits for chips, but I didn't have one at the time so went without.
Once sanding is done taping begins. Make sure that after you sand, wipe the dust off. Make sure you can pass your hand all over the tub without getting any residue or dust on your fingers.
Sanding will take time, but make sure every chip has a nice smooth flat surface, that's clean of any and all debris.
Once you mix the two active ingredients, you only have about 8 hours to used it. Be quick, but be safe, since the smell and fumes are very strong. Where a mask if you can...
Once the first coat is on, give it about 5 minutes and apply the second coat. Don't apply to much paint and make sure no dripping occurs or it will show...
Another shot... It sure does shine!
I had taken off all of the metal parts and cleaned them to a new shine. Next big job... Caulking!
Took a bit of time to get it just right, but once the caulk was leveled using my finger, the tub was back to looking sharp! Also ran a bead around some of metal parts.
New clean spot to take a nice bath!
Covered the front nicely, even with those chips.
Some blotching can occur and be a little visible, but the end result is much better than what it was. I chose not to, but a third coat can be applied... Have fun with your new tub!