These are the pieces that you will get with the album: a front and back cover and four tabbed pages.
I wanted to have a spine on my book so I cut out a piece of chipboard the size that I needed.
I knew early on I was going to use this more as a planner/journal type of book. The Tim Holtz 2-ring binder was perfect for this.
I applied a coat of black gesso to the edges of all the pages/covers and painted the entire spine.
Here is the spine that is covered with plenty of Scor-Tape!
Next I removed all the backing except the last inch. The album is longer than 12 inches in length. The black card stock I will be using as a base cover will need to be overlapped on the spine.
The first piece of card stock is placed on the spine up to the remaining inch. The other piece has a 1/4 inch piece of tape to overlap the first piece.
Bend the card stock to mark where the bend will be. I am not worried about the bits of tape sticking out since I will be folding over the card stock.
One side of both the front and back covers have plenty of tape applied to them.
Remove the tape and adhere securely down leaving about a 1/4 inch gap between the covers and spine. Next, I applied score tape to all four of the card stock edges and trimmed the corners on an angle.
Next I turned the edge of the card stock over, adhering it to the inside pieces of chipboard.
For the tabs, I used my circle punch to cut the paper and then trimmed them down to size.
Here you can see the tabs sticking out of the album. I decided I didn't like that so I trimmed off a little more than an inch.
Finish by adding printed paper and embellishments!
To see how I decorated the album, please visit ginasdesigns.blogspot.com/ or my blog: thecrafthoarder.blogspot.com/