I began with this old stool I found in our garage. It was in good shape, just needed cleaned up a bit as it was stained and had some scratches in the wood.
I disassembled the seat from the base and carefully removed the staples to take off the old stained fabric.
I laid out the old fabric to get a rough pattern for the new cover.
The hardest part was winding the sisal rope around the legs since somebody thought it was a game.
Sure enough, the others had to join in which really slowed down the process.
After I finished each leg, I secured the rope with a staple.
Under close supervision, I stapled the new fabric onto the cushioned top.
Make sure it's tested for comfort prior to reattaching.
I decided after I was nearly done I wanted it painted. I definitely recommend the painting step before winding the sisal.
I cut a square piece of fabric and slit the corners to tie them around the legs to create a hammock. I then took wand toys and tied them on the dowels for playtime. It's a hit! 3 happy kittens!