1. Keep your doors & windows locked at all times even when you're in. Don't forget to lock the door behind you & remove the key.
2. Keep valuables out of view in case a burglar looks through your window.
3. Download tracking software onto laptops and mobile phones. Also register devices on www.immobilise.com
4. Make sure your house is locked if you're gardening, hanging out your washing or having a BBQ.
5. Don't leave garden tools or furniture outside. They could be used to commit a burglary.
Remember it only takes a minute to secure your property. Lock up or lose out! For more tips go to www.westyorkshire.police.uk/b…