I found this little journal in my stash. With its Kraft paper covering it was just asking to get painted!
I deconstructed the journal to alter the covers. I started by covering it with gesso then adhering printed tissue over it.
I painted some letters that spell 'thankful' with gesso.
I added texture to a couple of corners with the Stucco Medium and the Tick Tock stencil.
I bit more texture with Stucco and the Morse Code stencil.
Next, I rubbed Bronze Metal over the tissue.
Once the gesso was dry, I painted the letters with Viridian Sorbet.
I laid out the letters onto the cover and glued them down.
I took my Siesta Key Coloration and poured some into a plastic bottle with a sponge dauber top. I applied it to the edges of my covers.
I did the same with some Warm Coloration and applied it to the inside of the covers.
I randomly stamped with black ink around the inside and outside of the covers with this stamp I carved myself.
I took a stiff bristled brush, dipped it into some Siesta Key Colorations and flicked it all over the outside of the covers.
I edged these flowers with Siesta Key Colorations, then coated them with Gold Digger Sorbet.
Here are my Colorations along side the sponge dauber bottles.
Finally, I reconstructed the journal and it's finished!
I added a cheerful card to the inside of the notebook to greet the writer each time she opens it to write.
Until next time...