It’s the perfect time of year to get your friends together to enjoy a meal. We’ve partnered with IKEA to give you tips on how to prepare for a stress-free, affordable and fun Friendsgiving.
From dining tables to tableware, the IKEA 2016 Holiday Prep Guide offers inspiration and affordable items, making this year’s holiday prep that much easier. bit.ly/2dK1Uod
PREPARE: The more time you spend with prep work allows you to have more time to hang with your guests during the party.
Leave room for your dining table decor by setting up a buffet serving station. You can set up one course at a time, or have them out all together.
2. Make a Signature Drink: It’s great to have a signature drink prepared in advance so there’s no shaking, mixing or swirling during the party.
3. Set the table: We love IKEA’s STORNÄS extendable table and white INGOLF chairs. The solid pine provides the perfect canvas to bring holiday color to your table.
4. Create a bold and colorful statement centerpiece using the foliage of the season for a totally Instagram-worthy table.
5. Invest in an Extendable Table: The STORNÄS table is seriously where it’s at. Its extending capabilities are key for any holiday hosting. bit.ly/2ecEiEJ
6. Have Extra Seats on Hand: While you may not need to seat a table for six on the regular, having extra folding chairs makes it really easy to add additional place settings. bit.ly/2ecGdJx
7. Make It a Potluck Party: Set a menu ahead of time, and ask your friends to help bring hors d'oeuvres and sides. This will help ease the burden of both cooking and hosting.
The holidays, while they can be stressful, are a time to spend with your loved ones. Using our prep tips will hopefully help you have a stress-free time.
Don’t forget to raise a glass in a toast and enjoy some quality time with your guests.