Today, we’re teaming up with two Made to Matter brands, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® and Justin’s® to share a starter pack to reducing your eco footprint.
1. Try Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® Products: These cruelty-free products are made with uncomplicated ingredients that are effective on dirt and grime. Available at your local Target or on Target.com.
2. Opt for Justin’s® Over Generic: Reach for snacks like nut butter with a conscience. They’re made with high-quality ingredients and with an effort to simplify the supply chain during production.
3. Turn Off the Water While You Brush Your Teeth: Think about how many glasses of water you could fill with the running tap while you brush your teeth. Twice a day.
4. Go Paperless With Your Bank: Paper mail is SO twentieth century, and chances are you’re checking your inbox much more often than your mailbox. This one is a no-brainer!
5. Choose a Reusable Water Bottle: Word is that it takes one thousand years for a plastic water bottle to biodegrade?! Instead, invest in a reusable water bottle or tumbler to get your daily H20.
6. Compost: It’s time to hop on the compost train. Most food scraps are compostable, yet we still toss ‘em in the trash day in and day out.
7. Make a DIY Herb Garden: Go green by growing greens. Try a DIY vertical herb garden in a sunny spot in your home for some homegrown food and seriously beautiful decor.
8. Reach for the Vegetarian Option: You would not BELIEVE the amount of water that goes into raising animals. Skipping the meat on occasion makes a major environmental impact that’s well worth it.
9. Dish Towels > Paper Towels: Ever notice how fast those bulk packages of paper towels disappear in your home? Minimize your paper towel usage by replacing with cloth dish towels.
10. Breathe New Life into Second-Hand Furniture: Repurpose, repurpose, repurpose! A quick fabric and staple gun treatment is all you need for a major facelift and your own one-of-a-kind furniture.