It may seem far away, but Halloween is just around the corner! To launch right into the spooky spirit, we’ve teamed up with Cotton to share 10 costumes to make for under $50. Sewing machine optional.
1. Cactus Couple: This cactus couple is a cinch to create with cotton sweatshirts and khakis, so you’ll be lookin’ sharp in no time. Click here for a step-by-step guide: bit.ly/2cBTrCb
2. Maternity Sunny Side Up: Start with a white cotton dress + put a fabric egg yolk on it! We used felt to create the yolk and glued it to the cotton dress. go.brit.co/2ct7Sp2
3. Mummy and Ghost: Creepiest ghost and mummy, ever. Both costumes were created by draping, ripping and wrapping white and off-white pieces of cotton fabric. go.brit.co/2ct86fW
4. Unicorn Couple: We found cotton button-down onesies + spray painted them with gold glitter fabric spray paint. Create a tail out of tulle + thread it through the back. go.brit.co/2ct85Zx
5. Twinning Gnomes: Wear an oversized cotton button-down shirt with black cotton leggings. Fill your shirt with cotton stuffing. Then belt it! Make a red cotton cap and don a cotton beard and brows.
For your pup, make a cotton “shirt” + belt to create a gnome-inspired belly. The hat is a headband with cardboard covered in red cotton fabric so that it stays upright. go.brit.co/2ctabbE
6. Cookies and Milk: First, create that milk box! We drew a milk carton design on white foam core. Then, we added “Got Cookies?” in fabric letters. Put this on over a white cotton tee + white jeans.
For little Miss Cookie, suit up in cotton nude leggings + a cotton nude slip. Make cookies with cardboard + a black sharpie. Use Hollywood Tape to stick those cookies on. go.brit.co/2ct7GGy
7. Sushi: Alright squad, it’s time to make like sushi + ROLL. All these costumes are pretty dang easy to recreate with cotton. Make your own sushi squad with this guide: go.brit.co/2c6w4xo
8. Rainbow and Pot of Gold: For the rainbow, tie dye a cotton tee + white cotton pants in a rainbow pattern. For the cloud on top, take a white baseball hat and cover it in fluffy cotton!
To make the pot of gold, we took a yellow cotton tee and glued plastic gold coins to it. Throw on some black cotton leggings, then step into an inflatable cauldron. Top it off with a rainbow wig
9. Maternity Gumball Machine: Start with a white cotton tee. Cover the belly with colorful cotton pom-poms! Attach a coin slot to a red cotton maxi skirt. Done and done. go.brit.co/2ct8RWh
10. Pizza and Ice Cream: Finally! Our two fave food groups. To make the pizza, cut a triangle out of cardboard. Cover the whole thing with fringed yellow cotton. Add fabric toppings of your choice.
For the ice cream cone, take a cotton white dress with a flared skirt + paint sprinkles all over it. Add beige cotton fabric to create the cone at the bottom of the skirt. go.brit.co/2ct8uLx
The end! :)