Think Outside The Mug
Grand Prize$850 in prizes from DAVIDsTEAOne Grand Prize winner will receive $850 in prizes from DAVIDsTEA, including a glass Breville One Touch Tea Kettle (a.k.a. the holy grail for tea drinkers, a $250 value). With one touch, set the perfect water temperature and steep time for green, oolong, black, and herbal teas. Watch as the tea basket moves up and down the glass kettle, gently stirring tea leaves for the perfect cup, every time. This winner will also get a $175 DAVIDsTEA gift card and a ton of merchandise, including a glass Steeper Teapot, Perfect Mugs, a stainless Timolino Travel Mug, the Winter Collection, the Cold Survival Kit, 1 kg of Chocolate Chili Chai Tea (their best-seller!), and creamed lemon & cinnamon honeys.
2nd Prize$400 in prizes from DAVIDsTEAOne Second Prize winner will receive over $400 in prizes from DAVIDsTEA, including the Breville Variable Heat Kettle (a $150 value), a one-stop shop for tea connoisseurs. With programmable temperatures for green, oolong, and black teas, pour perfectly hot water every time. Additionally, this winner will also get some great DAVIDsTEA products, like Perfect Mugs, the Winter Collection, the Cold Survival Kit, The Steeper Teapot, Matcha powder to froth and drink with a new Matcha Essentials Kit, a stainless Timolino Travel Mug, and creamed lemon & cinnamon honeys.
3rd Prize$300 in prizes from DAVIDsTEAOne Third Prize winner will receive over $300 in prizes from DAVIDsTEA, including a beautiful glass Capresso Tea Kettle (a $75 value), Perfect Mugs, the Winter Collection, the Cold Survival Kit, a stainless Timolino Travel Mug, The Steeper Teapot, creamed lemon & cinnamon honeys, and a Teal Milk Frother for foamy, milky tea lattes.
Honorable Mention$250 in prizes from DAVIDsTEA
Judges' TipsCurious what it takes to make a winning guide in our contests?
Here are some helpful tips from the judges.
1. Share your guideBe sure to share your guide on social media and ask friends to like and share it as well. The popularity of your guide will be a factor in the editorial judging process.
2. Choose a clear titleMake sure your title is clear and direct. What kind of recipe did you make? Is it a spiderweb cake? Mummy hot dogs? A candy corn milkshake?
3. Add a link for a chance to be featuredBe sure to add this link https://www.brit.co/category/halloween/ to the last step of your guide for a chance to be featured on Brit.co!
4. Add multiple photos, clear steps and a full list of suppliesClear instructions and step-by-step photos make for the most helpful how-to guides.
Check out some great examples below.
Email us and we’d be happy to answer them.
Have fun and good luck!
-The Snapguide Team
SNAPGUIDE “THINK OUTSIDE THE MUG” CONTEST
Important: Please read these rules before entering this skill-based contest (the "Contest"). By participating in this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER.
- Eligibility. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE AT LEAST AGE 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC, CUBA, IRAN, MYANMAR, NORTH KOREA, SUDAN AND SYRIA ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE. THE CONTEST IS VOID IN THOSE PROVINCES AND COUNTRIES AND WHEREVER OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND HEAVY BITS, INC. AKA SNAPGUIDE ("SPONSOR") AND DAVIDS TEAS INC. ("CO-SPONSOR") RESERVE THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and its participating co-sponsor(s) and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Limit five entries per person.
- Disclaimer. Sponsor and all participating co-sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
- Contest Period. The Contest starts at 6:00 am Pacific Time ("PT") on February 24, 2014 and ends at 11:59 pm PT on March 19, 2014 (the "Contest Period"). To be eligible to win a prize your Submission (as defined below) must be received by Sponsor during the Contest Period.
- Prizes. One grand prize winner will receive a Davids Tea Gift Card, Breville BTM800XL One-Touch Tea Maker, Chocolate Chili Chai Tea (1 kg), 4 The Tea Perfect Mugs, The Winter Collection, The Cold Survival Kit, Lemon Creamed Honey, Cinnamon Creamed Honey, The Ultimate Tea Collection, 2 Stainless (12 oz.) Timolino Travel Mugs, and The Steeper Teapot (36 oz.) (approximate retail value ("ARV") (grand prize total ARV: $861.00). One second prize winner will receive Breville Variable Heat Kettle, 4 The Tea Perfect Mugs, The Winter Collection, The Cold Survival Kit, Lemon Creamed Honey, Cinnamon Creamed Honey, Stainless (12 oz.) Timolino Travel Mug, The Steeper Teapot (36 oz.), The Matcha Essentials Kit, and Matcha Matsu Powder (1.76 oz.) (second prize total ARV: $401.50). One third prize winner will receive a Capresso H20 Kettle, 4 The Tea Perfect Mugs, The Winter Collection, The Cold Survival Kit, Lemon Creamed Honey, Cinnamon Creamed Honey, Stainless (12 oz.) Timolino Travel Mug, The Steeper Teapot, and Teal Milk Frother (third prize total ARV: $302.00). Three honorable mentions winners will each receive a Capresso H20 Kettle, 4 The Tea Perfect Mugs, The Winter Collection, The Cold Survival Kit, Lemon Creamed Honey, Cinnamon Creamed Honey, and Stainless (12 oz.) Timolino Travel Mug (honorable mention total ARV: $253.00 each or $759.00 for all three). All ARVs are stated in United States Dollars.
- Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number and quality of eligible Submissions received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. If a prize notification is returned as undeliverable or a prize is otherwise not claimed within fifteen (15) business days after delivery of notification, the applicable prize will be forfeited and awarded to the entrant whose Submission received the next highest score that puts the Submission into the potential prize winning rankings after the forfeiting winner is disqualified. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per person or household. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
How to Enter. To enter, take the following steps during the Contest Period:
- Visit http://snapguide.com and log into your account, or start the Snapguide app on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad (if you do not have a Snapguide account, you can obtain one for free at http://snapguide.com or through the Snapguide app by following the instructions to register for an account; if you do not have the Snapguide app you can download it for free from the Apple App Store);
- Submit a "how to" Snapguide showing the most inventive ways to use tea, aside from just in your mug (the "Contest Theme"); and
All requested information and material must be provided for your entry to be valid. Submissions submitted to Sponsor in connection with the Contest will not be returned to entrants. Failure to submit all required information in the manner required in these Official Rules may result in disqualification. By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the content guidelines and restrictions set forth in Sponsor's Terms of Service (collectively, the "Guidelines and Restrictions").
Sponsor may review all Submissions after they are submitted and you agree that Sponsor, in its sole discretion may decide to display your Submission in a "featured entries" or other public display, or Sponsor, in its sole discretion may decide not to display any Submission, or may remove any Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
For All Submissions: You may submit up to five unique Submissions during the Contest Period. You may not submit the same Submission more than once. Do not change your Submission once you have submitted it, if you change it after Sponsor begins judging the Submissions, your Submission may be disqualified. Submissions received from any person (using multiple or different Facebook accounts or other applicable accounts) or e-mail address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Proof of online entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. By entering the Contest, you consent to being placed on a mailing list for promotional and other purposes.
You may withdraw from the Contest by deleting your Submission(s) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting to be withdrawn.
Selection and Notification of Winner. After the end of the Contest Period, a panel of judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (the "Judging Panel") will score the eligible Submissions and choose as the grand prize winner, second prize winner, third prize winner and three runners up based on the following criteria ("Judging Criteria"):
- overall creativity of Submission;
- consistency of Submission with the Contest Theme;
- the most apt, interesting, and original Submission;
- the overall quality of presentation of the of the Submission; and
- the clarity of the process described in the Submission.
Winners will be determined by the Judging Panel in its sole discretion and based on the Submissions score in the Judging Criteria, at Sponsor's Headquarters located at 12 Gallagher Lane, San Francisco, CA 94103.
Each potential winner will be notified by e-mail within fifteen (15) days after the judging concludes. In the unlikely event of a tie, the applicable winner will be determined by the entrants' score in the following criteria: consistency of Submission with the Contest Theme. To claim a prize, each winner should follow the instructions contained in his or her notification.
- Identity of Entrant. If a dispute arises about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address, Facebook or Twitter account associated with the Sponsor account submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
- Non-Infringing Entry Materials. Without limiting anything in Sponsor's Terms of Service, you hereby represent and warrant that (a) you have the right to grant the rights granted herein (including without limitation in Section 10 below) or, alternatively, you have obtained all necessary rights and permissions to use and submit your Submission in connection with the Contest and to provide all the rights specified in these Official Rules; and (b) your Submission and the use thereof as contemplated herein does not and will not violate, misappropriate, or infringe upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- License to Submissions. By entering the Contest and submitting your Submission, you agree to Sponsor's Terms of Service and hereby grant to Sponsor and Co-Sponsor(s) the license granted in the User Content section of Sponsor's Terms of Service, including, without limitation, the right to use your Submission for any advertising, marketing and promotional purposes, and to incorporate Submissions, in whole or in part, into other works in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed. Sponsor and Co-Sponsor(s) will have no obligation to publish or use or retain any Submission you submit or to return any such Submission or Contest entry materials to you. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to obtain all permissions and releases necessary for the grant of the rights contained in this paragraph. You also agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits, licenses, and other documents (which may include obtaining acceptable releases from individuals appearing or named in your Submission)) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect, or confirm Sponsor's rights set forth above in this paragraph and/or in Section 13. You will not be entitled to compensation for any use by Sponsor, Co-Sponsor(s), or its agents, licensees or assignees, of your Submission.
- General Release. By entering the Contest, you release Sponsor, Co-Sponsor(s), Facebook Inc., Apple Inc., Twitter Inc., Pinterest Inc., and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, or use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- No Facebook, Apple, Twitter, or Pinterest Endorsement. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook Inc., Apple Inc., Twitter Inc., or Pinterest Inc.. You understand that by participating, you are providing your information to Sponsor, Co-Sponsor(s), not to Facebook Inc., Apple Inc., Twitter Inc., or Pinterest Inc.. You understand that by using and interacting with www.facebook.com, you are subject to the terms, conditions, and policies that govern the use of www.facebook.com. You should therefore review the applicable terms and policies for www.facebook.com, including privacy and data gathering practices, before using or interacting with Facebook. You understand that by using and interacting with www.twitter.com, you are subject to the terms, conditions, and policies that govern the use of www.twitter.com. You should therefore review the applicable terms and policies for www.twitter.com, including privacy and data gathering practices, before using or interacting with Twitter. You understand that by using and interacting with www.pinterest.com, you are subject to the terms, conditions, and policies that govern the use of www.pinterest.com. You should therefore review the applicable terms and policies for www.pinterest.com, including privacy and data gathering practices, before using or interacting with Pinterest.
- Use of Winner's Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use winner's name, Facebook name, Twitter name, likeness, persona, avatar, hometown, and/or prize information in all media now known or later devised throughout the universe in perpetuity for all purposes Sponsor, Co-Sponsor(s) deems appropriate--including, without limitation, for promotional and publicity purposes -- without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may (in Sponsor's sole discretion) be required to execute a written consent, confirming Sponsor's right to use such winner's name, Facebook name, Twitter name, likeness, persona, avatar, hometown, and/or prize information without further permission or compensation.
- Affidavit and Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winner may (in Sponsor's sole discretion) be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility, acceptance of these Official Rules, release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after March 24, 2014 and before March 23, 2015 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: “Snapguide Think Outside the Mug” Contest Winner List. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: “Think Outside the Mug” Contest Official Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
- Intellectual Property Notice. SNAPGUIDE is a trademark of Heavy Bits, Inc. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright 2014 by Heavy Bits, Inc. All rights are reserved.
- Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of California, U.S.A., and all disputes related to the Contest or these Official Rules will be arbitrated pursuant to the arbitration clause in Sponsor's Terms of Service. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant's participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor reserves the right to amend, modify, or cancel the Contest at any time without notice. Entrants who violate these Official Rules; violate any law, rule, or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest; tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, Co-Sponsor(s) the Contest, or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please e-mail them to email@example.com or send written questions to Heavy Bits, Inc., Snapguide “Think Outside the Mug” Contest, ATTN: Daniel Raffel, 12 Gallagher Lane, San Francisco, CA 94103.
- Sponsor: Heavy Bits, Inc., 12 Gallagher Lane, San Francisco, CA 94103.