Darth Maul Mask. This is an adult full head mask I found on Amazon.com for less than $10.
We used an old Razor helmet.
First I stretched the mask over the helmet so I could get an idea of how I wanted it to look. I could have left it like that and called it a day but it wasn't laying the way I wanted it to.
When I knew where I needed to cut, I pulled the mask back off and cut the mask with scissors.
Using the glue gun and glue sticks I carefully attached the mask to the helmet. The hardest part was getting the horns to lay flat so I finally just cut more slits in the top.
I had some black gloss acrylic paint on hand so I used it to fill in the spaces and cover the rest of the helmet. Here you can see the ears and several of the horns were cut and glued individually.
My son enjoyed helping with this step. Acrylic paint is so awesome that any mistakes were easily wiped off with a damp rag.
His eyes needed extra glue and paint to fill in and cover the blue of the helmet.
And the back. Okay, so it's not completely accurate..... Cutting those slits was necessary for it to lay flat like I wanted. I didn't have any red paint or I'd have fixed that part. For now it's fine.
I sprayed the entire thing with a couple of coats of non-yellowing water resistant sealer.